Easy Steps to Matching Jewelry with Your Face Shape
As we all know by now, picking out the right jewelry can really be a tough task. But, as I explained in my previous article “Choosing the Right Skin Tone Jewelry – How to” , it doesn’t have to be complicated if you know what you are doing. So, in the case you don’t know how to complete this “Mission Impossible”, here are some easy and quite quick steps to help you with Matching Jewelry with Your Face Shape issue. As always, a perfectly matched jewelry will only enhance your beauty and make you feel like a movie star!
Matching Jewelry With Your Face Shape – Measure your face
In order to find out what the shape of your face is, you need to measure it and later find the best jewelry designs for your shape. But, first things first! To properly measure your face, you have to find a flexible tape measure, and a rubber band for hair, so that your hair is pulled back, and that you can clearly see the numbers on the tape measure, in the mirror.
- Now you need to firmly tie your hair in a ponytail so that it doesn’t come loose while you take measurements.
- By placing the beginning of the tape measure on your right temple, just under your hairline, and going around your head until you reach the spot where the tape measure starts, you will measure your Hairline. Make sure that you write down the measurements you got.
- Next, are the Cheekbones or the width of your face. This one is simple, you need to find out what the distance is between your cheekbones, and that can be done by placing one end of the tape measure at the top end of your right cheekbone, while the other end of the tape goes on the opposite cheekbone. Again, make sure that you write down the measurements.
- It’s the Face’s Height turn now. Again, with the tape measure, take the measurements of the length of your face by placing the beginning of the tape on the top of your head, while the other end goes on the very tip of the bottom of your chin. Do I need to repeat that writing down the measurements is important? No? Okay, you got it.
- You will finish the measuring process by taking measurements of your Jawline. You will do this by placing the beginning of the tape just below your right earlobe, at the right edge of your jawline, while the other end of the tape goes on the opposite side. Simple as that! Have you written it down? Great!
Matching Jewelry with Your Face Shape – Determining the Shape
It is finally the time to find out what the shape of your face is! Remember the numbers you wrote down a couple of minutes ago, well, we are going to use them to determine your face shape, so that you can perfectly match your jewelry with your face. To determine that, you need to face a mirror and compare it with the description I am about to give you and the numbers you have on the paper.
If your face is not wider than it is long, nor longer that is wide, and you have almost a perfect circle, you have a Round Face. The perfect example of this type of face shape would be Penelope Cruz.
If your measurements tell you that the length of your face is one and a half times longer than the width of your face, you have an Oval Face. The perfect example of this type of face shape would be the Amazon-Warrior-looking Beyoncé.
In the case that your jawline has almost the same, or same measurements as your hairline, your face shape is Square. If you are looking for a celebrity with this type of face shape, I can tell you that its Angelina Jolie.
Jennifer Garner has a Heart-Shaped face, and if your face is widest at its cheekbones, and with a narrow jawline and a narrow forehead, you have a face shape like her.
The only left face shape is the Diamond Face Shape. In the case, your chin is narrow, and you have wider temples and forehead, you got it. The perfect example of this type of face shape in Hollywood would be Halle Berry.
Matching Jewelry with Your Face Shape – Finally!
Now that we have finally determined the shape of your face, it’s time for you to find out how matching jewelry with your face shape highlights your best facial attributes, without making you think “Is this piece suitable for my face?!?”.
- If you have a round face, the best choice for matching jewelry with your face shape would be wearing pieces that offset the round shape. For example, a great choice would be a long necklace, hanging hang low on your chest. Furthermore, to compliment your face, even more, you can choose long and angled earrings, such as trapezoidal or rectangular shaped ones.
- If you have an oval-shaped face, you are lucky! This face shape goes great with any kind of jewelry. The best choice would be chandelier earrings or hoops.
- If you have a square-shaped face, you probably want to make the angular jawline seem less highlighted, right? Well, this can be achieved by wearing a necklace with trinkets or pendants with curved pieces at the bottom. As for earrings, the best choice would be a chandelier or large hoop earrings.
- For a heart-shaped face, the best choice would be a short necklace or a choker. This way you will add an oval illusion to your narrow chin. The most flattering choice of jewelry would be dangled earrings in the shape of a heart or a triangle.
- If you have a diamond shaped face, you need to add some length to your narrow chin. The best way to do this is by wearing short hoops and a choker necklace.
There you go, girls! Now you know which shape your face has, and which type of jewelry goes with it, its time to shine!